The Crosby area was named after Parker Crosby, who owned "Crosby's Dry Goods" on Yonge Street, near present-day Crosby Avenue, in the 1860s. The wooden structure burned down in 1866, along with neighbouring stores, but Crosby soon rebuilt it using brick and renamed it "The Fire Proof." His son Isaac took over the store in 1869, and residents continued to buy dry goods and groceries at the store for many years to come. The Crosby's lived in the stately "Crosby Hall," 38 Bedford Park Ave., which was built in 1863 and is now designated a historic home.
Crosby Park (located at the corner of Newkirk Road and Crosby Avenue) provides a variety of recreational activities and socializing for all ages. The parks diverse landscape types including forests, meadows, dells, hollows, ponds, rivers and valleys to create a stimulating and fully accessible outdoor recreation environment.
Crosby Heights which celebrated its 50th anniversary, in May 2009, is a feeder school of Richmond Hill High School, Alexander Mackenzie High School, and Bayview Secondary School.
For Listings in Crosby, Richmond Hill Click Here